Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Patryn999
Frequent Visitor

PBI Embedded - Fix API Version to stop breaking changes

Hi everyone,

Basically I believe the API behaviour has changed, which in turn has broken our client-facing dashboards. Is there any way to force the embedding process to use a fixed API version? Much like the styles are pulled through a version:

https://app.powerbi.com/13.0.9933.297/styles/reportembed.bundle.min.css

The situation is that we have had untouched repot (2 weeks) and untouched code (4 weeks) that was running fine, and now the exportdata command used during initial filter conditions on a slicer throws "Export data is not supported for this visual". And this is happening across many reports in different areas of the site.

Now I think I know 'Why' - basically we have some filters that need to be controlled only be the web-side to make the interface user-friendly. These are 'hidden' by pushing them behind a white square so they are no longer visible but still operational (changing visibility to not-visible breaks slicer so you can no longer interact with it).

However I don't know 'Why now?' this behaviour was fine and now isn't, and from my end we've got untouched codebases that fail in an identical manner which is a pretty strong indicator it wasn't  us.

1 REPLY 1
Patryn999
Frequent Visitor

Confirmed to have same behaviour with example app "App owns data".

If you paste the code below into EmbedReport.cshtml and alter the ID of the slicer to one on your first page you can reproduce the error. Slicer should be available on render but this throws an exception into the console, instead of the slicer selections.

report.on("rendered", function () {
        report.getPages().then(function (pages) {
            var page = pages.filter(function (page) { return page.isActive; })[0];
            page.getVisuals().then(function (visuals) {
                var slicer = visuals.filter(function (visual) {
                    return visual.type == "slicer" && visual.name == "d0a7da43b96655bf369e";
                })[0];

if (slicer) {
                    slicer.exportData().then(function (data) { console.log(data); });
                }
            })

})
    });

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.