Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amitkar1980
Frequent Visitor

PBI Custom Connector - Update dataset parameter failed

Hi,

I have created a Custom PowerBI connector which calls a Rest API with some parameters e.g.

1) URL

2) ObjectId

3) StartDate

4)EndDate

5) EntityIds ( optional)

The connector works well on powerBI desktop and also on PowerBI service. But it seems I have to create multiple versions of data sources for the same URL and ObjectId, to cater for users needing to report against different Start and End Dates. 

I tried to work around it yt adding startdate and enddate parameters to the datasets and mapping them to the connector parameters in PowerQuery. But  I get "Update Parameter Failed" everytime I change the dataset parameters and click apply . Also there is nothing in the gateway logs.

Interestingly, same thing happens when I try to update the optional parameter above i.e. EntityIds.

So, my question is is it by design that the data source definittion once created (with all required parameters) cannot be overwritten by dataset parameters or is a limitation of custom connectors at the moment? If so, is there a way around it

Cheers,

AK

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.