Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SiroPW Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Options to use close to real-time filterable dashboards/reports

Hi All,

My requirement is to have end users view, slice, filter my custom made dashboards/reports with the data being refreshed in as close to real-time as possible (preferably under 1 minute).

My datasets are curated from an API and pre-processed in python (necessary step) - this portion happens in real-time in the background. Currently, I save these outputs to .csv and set up a scheduled refresh in PowerBI service every ~1.5hours (limited to max 8 scheduled refreshes per day).

This is too slow for people to rely on for day-to-day functions so I'm looking for a solution to have the reports updated faster to reflect the true data in the background.

Is this possible with PowerBI? I'm open to using new architectures if required - eg. moving processed data into SQL if that enables real-time updates etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Options to use close to real-time filterable dashboards/reports

HI @SiroPW,

There could be two methods.

1. We can store the data in one of the data sources that are supported by Power BI Direct Query. Please refer to desktop-directquery-data-sources and desktop-use-directquery. The direct query mode is close to real-time.

2. Using streaming dataset. Please refer to power-bi/service-real-time-streaming.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 460 members 4,357 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: