Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sophiechin
Frequent Visitor

On-Premise Data Gateway

Hello everyone,

Currently, I have some challenges related to my data refresh and I hope to get some suggestions to deal with it. Our organization is building Power BI dashboards and Reports using a data source from MySQL database. So we use a cluster on-premise data gateway running on my computer and we set a scheduled refresh to all our datasets in Power BI services. However, there are some restrictions from our IT team to access the data of our database meaning we can only access our MySQL database performing ETL, power query and etc, and our dataflows, datamarts, and shared datasets in Power BI service can only be refreshed with my computer running using our office WiFi.

Our scenario is that our working hour is within the weekdays from 8am - 5pm so our data can only be refreshed during that period of time. Currently, we are working on building more reports and need the data to be refreshed and automatically send the reports to our clients daily before 12am. Hence, we need our data to be refreshed after the working hour even with my computer device shutdown.

May I know if you could have any suggestions to set our gateway for a better practice? We want our datasets to be refreshed without connecting with office wifi and in the weekends as well. However, is there any possibility to share and let the gateway running on my teammate's computer as well? currently when I am on leave or when my computer shut down, all my datasets or else cannot be refreshed. I would really appreciate your help on this one. Thank you so much!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.