Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dvsr_23

Not getting publish to web(Public) option

Hi, we have created multiple reports with power bi Datasets option, then published to workspace.

along with these reports we have other reports with individual datasets in the same workspace.

i tried Publish to web(Public) option to share the url with my client. but i don't find that option for power bi dataset report,

i am getting the same option on other reports, which are published with dataset .

anyone please clarify - Option is not available with power bi dataset reports? or is there any limitation on no.of reports?

We have pro license..

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dvsr_23 ,

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service. However, the following kinds of reports aren't currently supported or available with Publish to web:

yingyinr_0-1646025508412.png

You can get more details in this official documentation.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ugurdemir
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've the same problem, doesn't have the option publish to web. In my tenant there is a report connected to PowerBI datasets and that option is available and it has a working web link.

But now there is another report (lets call this ReportX)  i'm working on, connected to powerBI datasets (Dataset Report of Report X, lets call it DS_ReportX) and publish to web option is not available on ReportX. Btw publish to web option is available on DS_ReportX. 

So i started to empty ReportX to investigate the problem. Deleted all pages, all bookmarks, all imported visuals. Reconnect to the same DS_ReportX dataset. Now i have a pibx file with size of 14,7KB. But option is still not available.

Then i started from scratch and open a new pibx file ReportX_test, connected to the same dataset DS_ReportX and it worked, publish to web option is available now.

So what i see is there must be some hidden options which PowerBI desktop user can not control and affects publish to web option. It is really frustrating cause it seems like i need to copy all content from Report_X to a new report file. 

Here is the file i can not have the option of publish to web. 

https://we.tl/t-o3YOb6VH8O

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dvsr_23 ,

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service. However, the following kinds of reports aren't currently supported or available with Publish to web:

yingyinr_0-1646025508412.png

You can get more details in this official documentation.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've a report which has publish to we (public) link created before and still working but the option is not visible now. Does it included in the useless limitation list? Can you have an explanation for that report?

Problems will be soleved only if they admits there is a bug on MS side and this is a BUG

I see   File->Embed to Website or Portal (which requires sing-in, and license) 
But I still do not see Publish to web (Public) 

??

BTW, I'm using the free trial of Power BI pro 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.