Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CGanabelle
Frequent Visitor

New forecast data analytics tool doesn't work

Hi everybody,

I write here because I have a problem, I downloaded the new version of PowerBI and activate in option preview forecast but it doesn't work. I've seen the conditions on the Power BI page to have the option on the analytics tools (so the y axis with x in date format, not a donut chart of course and so on). My chart respects all the conditions but the option "forecast" in the data analytics tools never appear. I even try the online Power BI version (English) and it doesn't work (I work with Power BI desktop in French)

Can someone could help me please?

Thank you very much! Have a nice day!
Regards,
Anabelle

13 REPLIES 13
mojoman67
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue and have gone through the same checks.Forecast Issue.png

@CGanabelle @mojoman67 both of your charts show an x axis set to Categorical. It must be Continuous for forecasting to work. @mojoman67 you will need to use a completely different column; only a numeric or date format will work and your month/year column is text.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@CGanabelle Forecast line is only available for Line charts so need to use line chart.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.JPG

Hi ankitpatira,

Thank you for you answer, I've already tried but it doesn't work..

@CGanabelle

It should work in French version. Do ensure

1. The preview feature is enabled.
  2. The Values and Axis fields is filled in the line visual.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Hi,
Thank you for your answer but i've already done that, I know that to make a graphic I must have axis and values.....Yes I checked the box but it still not working unfortunatly.

@CGanabelle

With the preview feature enabled(application restarting is required), please try to open the attached pbix. It works fine in my test on French ver.

Capture.PNG

In my application, there is no Forecasting option in preview feature. Current Version: 2.50.4859.782 64-bit (September, 2017). How to add  this functionlity. Please help on this.

@Meenakshiit is no longer a preview feature. You don't have to do anything to implement it, just use the right type of chart (line chart) and a continuous not categorical numeric axis.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

In my application, there is no Forecasting option in preview feature. Current Version: 2.50.4859.782 64-bit (September, 2017). How to add  this functionlity. Please help on this.

Thank you Eric Zhang, for the pbix you sended me it works :-)!! I don't know exactly why it doesn't work with my datas, maybe not enough linear...

Again thank you for helping me :-)!

@CGanabelle

You're always welcome. 🙂

Maybe you can share the "problematic" pbix?

Hi,
I can't post the real problematic pbix but I post an exemple for which it doesn't work. I think it's because the datas aren't enough linear to bring a prediction. I've tried with date and dateformat, because I told myself it's maybe because it's on format

Thank you for you help in my quest of the prediction tool :D!

Anabelle

example1.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.