Reply
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎12-09-2016

New Power BI REST API Get Available Features randomly returns 401 Unauthorized

Hi,

I'm trying to call the new Get Available Features REST API method but it randomly returns 401 unauthorized. 

 

I have no problem calling the other methods but this one 90% of the time fails with 401 and when it doesn't fail always shows me 0 as a capacity consumption.

 

Any clue?

 

Thank you.

Member
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎08-13-2017

Re: New Power BI REST API Get Available Features randomly returns 401 Unauthorized

[ Edited ]

Hey sgiovinetti,

 

I can't help, but I can confirm that I have the same issue.

 

If I call another REST API with the same bearer token (e.g. GetCapacities) I get the response I expect. GetAvailableFeatures always returned 401.

 

You have a 90% failure rate... I say you're lucky, mine is 100%!

 

Edit: I did consider that maybe a new permission needs to be provisioned in Azure AD. There are two new permissions, 'View all datapools' and 'Read and write all datapools'. I've added and granted them, but hasn't had an impact on my 401 responses.