Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NetJer20
Frequent Visitor

New Look Workspace Reports in Embedded capacity?

I am trying to get the new look reports into my embedded capacity. Right now, on our webpage, the reports render with the report tabs across the bottom, similar to how this report is in this screenshot along the very bottom (couldn't copy in my own screenshots):

https://powerbicdn.azureedge.net/mediahandler/blog/legacymedia/6518.report1.PNG

I am trying to get the reports to look like this (items #3 in screenshot), with the tabs/reports along the left side (similar to how they look in my Workspace):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/media/service-new-look/power-bi-new-look-changes....

I have all my workspaces set to "New Look On", however I know this a user by user setting, so not sure how it effects embedded. Will this not happen till the new look is generally availible? Is this something I can set in embedded? 

2 REPLIES 2
mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi @NetJer20 

The tabs will display across the bottom when you/user is in Editing view.  When in Reading view, the "tabs" display along the left side.

HTH,

Michele

Thank you Michele - do you mean that this section of code should be switched from Edit to View? 

"viewModel: models.ViewModel.Edit" TO "viewModel: models.ViewModel.View"

That would move the tabs from bottom to left side?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors