Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

paololito
Helper I
Helper I

Need support to devellop a Rest API to migrate elements between Tenant

Hello ,

I would like to have your support to help me to migrate objects from Tenant A to Tenant B .

It seems that Power BI REST API could be the solution .

I've no knowledge in Power BI Rest API so I hope you can guide me on this matter .

How I can proceed to migrate workspaces , Reports ,Dashboards ,Datasets  , Gateway ...;

Does anyone have experience ?

Thanks for your support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paololito ,

According to my knowledge, there There is no API to directly implement tenant-to-tenant migration.

If you want to migrate all resources to another tenant,you can export your reports or if you already backed up pbix files for Power BI reports before, you can publish pbix files to new Power BI tenant, and configure gateways, dashboards same as in old Power BI tenant. 

The REST API and PowerShell can help you perform more convenient operations and avoid the hassle of doing them one by one manually.

Here is a bolg about Tenant to Tenant migration:

Tenant-to-Tenant Power BI Migration 

About Microsoft 365 migration, perhaps you can refer this bolg:

Microsoft 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration 

This document is about gateway migration:

Migrate, restore, or take over an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn 

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paololito ,

According to my knowledge, there There is no API to directly implement tenant-to-tenant migration.

If you want to migrate all resources to another tenant,you can export your reports or if you already backed up pbix files for Power BI reports before, you can publish pbix files to new Power BI tenant, and configure gateways, dashboards same as in old Power BI tenant. 

The REST API and PowerShell can help you perform more convenient operations and avoid the hassle of doing them one by one manually.

Here is a bolg about Tenant to Tenant migration:

Tenant-to-Tenant Power BI Migration 

About Microsoft 365 migration, perhaps you can refer this bolg:

Microsoft 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration 

This document is about gateway migration:

Migrate, restore, or take over an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn 

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors