Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

padmanandhini

Need a help on scatter plot

I am looking to plot a scatter plot between two variables in a table. In PowerBI visualisations, the scatter plot axis takes either count or distince count for a given variable.  But all I need is a usual scatter plot between date and a number variables.  Need a point on the graph for every the date and the corresponding number columns. So that i will be knowing the movement of the plot on all the given dates in the table. 

Any pointers or help??

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@padmanandhini,

According to your description, it seems that the LineDot chart may works. Besides, you could consider creating an R visual.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply.  Looks I cant use any of the visualisations in Power BI as the values in the visualisation doesnt take the actual value of the given variable. It basically takes only the count or count(distinct) or summarised data. For example :

DateNo of books sold

1/1/2015593
1/2/2015234
1/3/2015123
1/4/2015561
1/4/2015342
1/5/2015109
1/6/2015878

I need to plot a simple line or scatter plot using these two variables to see the sales on daily basis in Power BI as we do it in Excel. 

Thanks,

Nandhini

@padmanandhini,

You may need to create a custom visual, and specify kind property as 0 or 2.

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals/blob/master/Capabilities/Capabilities.md

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.