Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xiumi_hou
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Need Help(Very urgent!!!!!!) with link two tables by date

I was trying to add relationship of two tables. 

1. d_date[date] with unique date value I create from 2012 to 2019 April

2. f_calls[call_date] with a list of all the calls date 

The realtionship to these two tables are one to many.

And I use a function to calculate all the calls made in a specific date range. The function are as below: 

Calls Count A1 Assessment Held =
CALCULATE(
COUNT(f_calls[Parent_id]),
FILTER(
f_calls,
f_calls[Status]="Held" &&
f_calls[Type_c]= "Assessment"
)
)
When I use the filter and value as f_calls[date], which looks good. However, when I use d_date[date] as silcer filter, it gave empty result (all equal to 13) unless I choose the entire date range(result 8211).

Any idea about this stitution? Thanks!

As of below: 1.JPG2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

You're going to be better asking this question in the Desktop forum, as there's a lot of data modelling/DAX experts in there that typically don't frequent the Developer forum.

The first thing I personally check with a related column using dates, is the data type on each side of the join. Start with Power Query - both columns should be of type Date in the final step. Often, one of my table's columns is Text or Date/Time (particularly if it's been part of a transformation on the way through) whereas the other is Date, and this means the join may not always resolve.

If your types are okay, I'd suggest re-posting your question in the Desktop forum, or asking a moderator to move this one across.

Good luck!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

You're going to be better asking this question in the Desktop forum, as there's a lot of data modelling/DAX experts in there that typically don't frequent the Developer forum.

The first thing I personally check with a related column using dates, is the data type on each side of the join. Start with Power Query - both columns should be of type Date in the final step. Often, one of my table's columns is Text or Date/Time (particularly if it's been part of a transformation on the way through) whereas the other is Date, and this means the join may not always resolve.

If your types are okay, I'd suggest re-posting your question in the Desktop forum, or asking a moderator to move this one across.

Good luck!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.