cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
xiumi_hou Post Patron
Post Patron

Need Help(Very urgent!!!!!!) with link two tables by date

I was trying to add relationship of two tables. 

1. d_date[date] with unique date value I create from 2012 to 2019 April

2. f_calls[call_date] with a list of all the calls date 

The realtionship to these two tables are one to many.

And I use a function to calculate all the calls made in a specific date range. The function are as below: 

Calls Count A1 Assessment Held =
CALCULATE(
COUNT(f_calls[Parent_id]),
FILTER(
f_calls,
f_calls[Status]="Held" &&
f_calls[Type_c]= "Assessment"
)
)
When I use the filter and value as f_calls[date], which looks good. However, when I use d_date[date] as silcer filter, it gave empty result (all equal to 13) unless I choose the entire date range(result 8211).

Any idea about this stitution? Thanks!

As of below: 1.JPG2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Need Help(Very urgent!!!!!!) with link two tables by date

Hi there,

You're going to be better asking this question in the Desktop forum, as there's a lot of data modelling/DAX experts in there that typically don't frequent the Developer forum.

The first thing I personally check with a related column using dates, is the data type on each side of the join. Start with Power Query - both columns should be of type Date in the final step. Often, one of my table's columns is Text or Date/Time (particularly if it's been part of a transformation on the way through) whereas the other is Date, and this means the join may not always resolve.

If your types are okay, I'd suggest re-posting your question in the Desktop forum, or asking a moderator to move this one across.

Good luck!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Need Help(Very urgent!!!!!!) with link two tables by date

Hi there,

You're going to be better asking this question in the Desktop forum, as there's a lot of data modelling/DAX experts in there that typically don't frequent the Developer forum.

The first thing I personally check with a related column using dates, is the data type on each side of the join. Start with Power Query - both columns should be of type Date in the final step. Often, one of my table's columns is Text or Date/Time (particularly if it's been part of a transformation on the way through) whereas the other is Date, and this means the join may not always resolve.

If your types are okay, I'd suggest re-posting your question in the Desktop forum, or asking a moderator to move this one across.

Good luck!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors