Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Navigation from Dashboard to report or report to another report in Power BI Embedded

I am using App Owned data.

We can embed a report or a dashboard or a tile to my site.

But when I embed a dashboard and click on a pinned tile, it should take me to the underlying report. Is it possible?

Also, I have a URL in my report to another report in the same work space, but when I click on this, it is taking me app.powerbi.com instead of opening a report in the same frame of embedded. is there any workaround for this how it can be done ?

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

1. It's possible. Maybe you should make some changes in the code. Please refer to Developer/Embedding-report-and-dashboard-at-the-same-time/td-p/273555.

2. Since the URL could be the link of a report that points to the Power BI service, it surely won't open a embedded report. Maybe you can change the URL and make it point to the embedded reports. http://localhost:42734/Home/EmbedReport.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.