Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SubhamKumar
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Alerts in one email

Hi Folks,

I have set around 7 alerts for 7 different attributes in my dashboard, and they are from 2 different reports and mostly every 3rd hour , 3 - 4 alerts gets triggered.

I want send a combined email for all the alerts.

Please help me in understanding if this is possible in power bi.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I have read about Zapier in past that it integrates with PowerBI and can do the needful though I have never tried it.

Using Power automate also there is no clean way of doing it. You can add a PowerBI alert trigger and then send the alerts to a sharepoint say so all the alerts will be there and based on timeframe, you can have one more power automate which can fetch data from that sharepoint list and consolidate alerts in a single mail and send that. This second power automate will have to run at specific times only so that it can work properly to combine all alerts.

Hi @nitishsh91 ,

Is there any way this can be done through power BI API's

Tech555

nitishsh91,

Could you elaborate on points 1 and 2?

1. Which third-party tools could consolidate alerts into a single email?

2. Is there a resource or article that explains how Power Automate could consolidate alerts into a single email?

If we can get answers to those questions, people will not need to ask this question again.

nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @SubhamKumar 

Yes, it is possible to send a combined email for multiple alerts in Power BI. There are a few ways to accomplish this:

1. Use a third-party tool to consolidate the alerts and send a single email. There are several tools available that can be integrated with Power BI to accomplish this.

2. Use Power Automate to consolidate the alerts and send a single email. Power Automate can be used to create a workflow that triggers when an alert is fired, consolidates the alerts, and then sends a single email with all the alert details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.