Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kanth999
Frequent Visitor

MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt commands were not working on Mac OS

Hi Team, 

i am using the Mac OS and installed the MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt commands when I try to login my MAC terminal to PowerBI getting the below issue and am not able to execute any queries can you please help me, anyone. ?

kanth999_0-1650586904783.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kanth999 ,

According to your statement, I think you are trying to use PowerShell commands on Mac OS.

1. Please check the version of PowerShell Core on Mac OS.

For reference: Microsoft Power BI Cmdlets for Windows PowerShell and PowerShell Core

Supported environments and PowerShell versions

• PowerShell Core (v6) and up on any OS platform supported by PowerShell Core.

2. Before you run this command, make sure you log in using Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount.

3. MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt commands like MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt.Admin needs the calling user to be a tenant administrator of the Power BI service.

4. This error seems to be MSAL.NET error. You may refer to this offical blog to learn more details.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kanth999 ,

According to your statement, I think you are trying to use PowerShell commands on Mac OS.

1. Please check the version of PowerShell Core on Mac OS.

For reference: Microsoft Power BI Cmdlets for Windows PowerShell and PowerShell Core

Supported environments and PowerShell versions

• PowerShell Core (v6) and up on any OS platform supported by PowerShell Core.

2. Before you run this command, make sure you log in using Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount.

3. MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt commands like MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt.Admin needs the calling user to be a tenant administrator of the Power BI service.

4. This error seems to be MSAL.NET error. You may refer to this offical blog to learn more details.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.