Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

venildo
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft.PowerBI.Api - Someone worked with whis library

I need to implement a solution in C# desktop, to access POWER BI, and update the report, that's all.
I'm trying with this library but it doesn't work.
Could someone give me an example or point out where to learn how to use this library
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @venildo,

Take a look at some of these links:

Refresh PowerBI reports using C# and web API – Dynamics CRM Tech Blogs (wordpress.com)

Getting Started with the Power BI API – Querying the Power BI REST API Directly (with C#) – Jeff Pri...

GitHub - gbrueckl/PowerBI.API.Client: A C# wrapper for the Power BI REST API which allows you to eas...

PowerBIClient C# (CSharp) Code Examples - HotExamples

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
venildo
Frequent Visitor

Good Morning
First of all thank you very much for the answer I saved my life, hahah
Can I ask for one more thing?
You would have a link demonstrating how to use the update-datasources API, as I'm having difficulty in parameterizing it to configure the database paths to update the BI.
I'm using 3 different data sources, SQL Server, MySql and Access.
Thank you very much

Good Morning @venildo ,

Can you show me what you're doing and what you're trying to accomplish?

Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Good afternoon!!!
My goal is very simple, I have an application that updates several databases (Access, MySql Server and SQL Server) and after updating these databases I need the PBIX to be automatically updated through the application.
I've been testing the online power bi refresh button and it doesn't seem to work, as the report is not refreshed, it's only refreshed when I refresh from the desktop, so I was in doubt if I would use the refreshest API (https://api. powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/datasets/{0}/refreshes) will work or do I need to update the databases path through the api https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/datasets /{datasetId}/Default.UpdateDatasources.
My project is being developed in .Net (VB.Net, but if the examples are in C# I know no problem.)
Thank you so much for your help as always.

One of the things you'll want to check is if you have XMLA Read/Write enabled. You will need that to refresh outside of Power BI.

Thanks again for your attention.

Where do I see it?
If it's on the Azure Portal, I've already put in all possible permissions.
Do I need to do some configuration inside Power Bi?

This is found in the Power BI Service Admin Portal. Under Capacity settings. Then you'd click on your capcity.

Watsky_0-1639682461185.png

Grateful for the information
But my power bi subscription is Pro, so it doesn't update.
Right now, I'm studying and making a test site, so I won't change my subscription, but in the future I will make this change.
At this point, so I'm going to continue making updates in Power bi Desktop and going online.
Thank you very much, you were very good people, and you had a lot of patience with me, thank you very much.
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @venildo,

Take a look at some of these links:

Refresh PowerBI reports using C# and web API – Dynamics CRM Tech Blogs (wordpress.com)

Getting Started with the Power BI API – Querying the Power BI REST API Directly (with C#) – Jeff Pri...

GitHub - gbrueckl/PowerBI.API.Client: A C# wrapper for the Power BI REST API which allows you to eas...

PowerBIClient C# (CSharp) Code Examples - HotExamples

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.