Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Memo Field From QuickBooks Online

I am working to implement our expense report through Power Bi using QuickBooks Online Data. I successfuly imported the data, and since they don't automatically import the General Ledger, I created a query using the following formula in the advanced query editor.

let
Source = QuickBooks.Tables(),
generalledger = Source{[Key="generalledger"]}[Data]
in
      generalledger

I was able to pull in the general ledger just fine, but it is missing the memo/description field. Is there a way for me to pull this information in? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Power BI Desktop support you to connect to QuickBooks Online directly. Here I suggest you to try QuickBooks Online (Beta) connector to get data.

For reference: QuickBooks Online (Beta)

1.png

You can get all fields you can get in Power BI after you sign in QuickBooks Online.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I am connected to QuickBooks with the direct connection. However, the direct connection does not bring in the General Ledger information.

I was able to solve this by using the information found here. 

The issue is this solution got me all the information I need except for the memo/description of the general ledger. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.