Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix in Stack Column chart

Hi, Table.PNG

I tried to show the stack column chart in matrix view which is possible in tableau but I am not able to do it in Power Bi.

How to show Stack bar chart in Matrix view in Power BI ?

Mainly I need to see two values in one cell like in stack column chart

In the above image I tried to convert to single matrix view like if you see the Name 10 and value 10 I need to see the countsof A and B in Single cell as stack column chart.

4 REPLIES 4
mvernoy

Greetings ... I have been scouring the forum and web to find a solution for this as well.  Since our hospital switched from Tableau to BI recently I have been porting dashboards over.  I have run in to one issue like the topic above and was wondering if there has been a solution to this since 2021?

Below is the visual I want to re-create but with three stacks:

Tableau

mvernoy_0-1677344946669.png

And this is the common relationship in BI for the visual that I am jtrying to build:

mvernoy_1-1677345132773.png

The fields in which I want to stack are in the future appointment table are:

Appt_booked_loaded | Appt_Unbooked_loaded | Appt_Block

I have got to this point below:

mvernoy_2-1677345636469.png

I have tried multiple ways to get a stacked bar into the cells for each clinician under the date column header but have not reached the desired end state.

Any help is truly appreciated, Have a great day.

Mark

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can refer the solution in the following threads as a workaround to implement it:

1. Multiple Values for a Matrix can now Appear as Row Headers

yingyinr_0-1633055534710.png

2.  Turning multiple values into one string in Power BI (If the matrix values are Text type)

yingyinr_1-1633055658761.png

If the above ones can't help you get the expected result, please provide some original sample data in your tables and your expected result with the formula of involved measure/calculated column and special examples. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

No this is not a solution I have two different measure which we need to show to one cell like a stack column chart with different colours.

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, I'm afraid that your requirement (display two field values in one cell cell of the stacked column visual with different colors) is not possible. You can raise a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.