Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

insoluzioni
Advocate I
Advocate I

Maps stopped loading data in Power BI Embedded

I got all the way down to here, sweating to find the right how-tos, because PB tutorials are like a puzzle with some challenges in the end, when you realize that this resource doesn't exists and you have to go back, scramble and try again...

Anyway (sorry, just had to let it out). I am having this issue with maps in particular (both of the built-in models), that they load data correctly in Desktop, but when published to Power BI Embedded they just don't work... But they were working two days ago...

What's happening?

My data is updated via DirectQuery, with an Azure DB view.

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@insoluzioni wrote:

I got all the way down to here, sweating to find the right how-tos, because PB tutorials are like a puzzle with some challenges in the end, when you realize that this resource doesn't exists and you have to go back, scramble and try again...

Anyway (sorry, just had to let it out). I am having this issue with maps in particular (both of the built-in models), that they load data correctly in Desktop, but when published to Power BI Embedded they just don't work... But they were working two days ago...

What's happening?

My data is updated via DirectQuery, with an Azure DB view.

@insoluzioni

At the moment I post, I can't reproduce that issue as your described? Could you just re-try? If the issue persists, what happens when you re-import the pbix file?

Thank you for your support Eric. The problem still persist as if Bing could not spot locations via the city name
Note that I am in Brazil, locale BR.
Anyway Im moving out of PB, so if any other users would like to continue this post when facing the same issue, feel free to reply.
Best.

@insoluzioni wrote:
Thank you for your support Eric. The problem still persist as if Bing could not spot locations via the city name
Note that I am in Brazil, locale BR.
Anyway Im moving out of PB, so if any other users would like to continue this post when facing the same issue, feel free to reply.
Best.

@insoluzioni

As known, Power BI Map visual uses Bing map. There's something changed in the PBI and Bing map integration. See Bing maps improvements.

Here's some suggestion 

1. Set DataCategory for the geo column in the Modeling phase
  2. Use a location hierarchy that includes Country to scope the geocoding query, and drill using “hierarchy” drill icon (pitchfork)

So please download the latest Power BI desktop and follow above two suggestions to tweak map visuals in your report, then try to re-publish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.