Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mohitj83

Mandrill data incorrect when connected with PowerBI

Hi,

I have connected my Mandrill service with my powerBI account. Various stats that PowerBI is showing are incorrect in PowerBI where as in Mandrill reports the stats are showing correctly, for eg:

1. The location data on the map does not show a few countries even though the click rates in these countries are the maximum.

2. It shows "Mail Opens" incorrectly. Shows the sends-opens as opens.

Is someone else also facing the same issue?

Can someone please help as this is really urgent?

Thanks,

Mohit

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@mohitj83 - Your first issue sounds like a Bing maps geocoding issue. Power BI uses Bing maps to geocode data for display on map visualizations. You might be able to get answers to your question about certain countries in the Bing developer forums, etc.

http://www.bing.com/dev/en-us/support

Out of curiousity, what countries are affected and what is the data for that country. For example is it USA, United States or United States of America?

For your second question, this sounds like a content pack issue. I am not familiar with Mandrill's data set, however I have used and am familiar with other content packs. First, is the display that is wrong in the Dashboard, the underlying Report or both? You should be able to edit the underlying report and change the visualizes in terms of what is being displayed and then repin visualizations to dashboards. Of course, this is going to depend on what data model the Mandrill content pack provides you. For example, if it brings in opens, send-opens and then has some measure that combines the two and that is what it is displaying, then you could change it to just show opens (count of). However, if it only brings in the combined total, then you'll have to contact the author of the content pack or potentially submit a bug report here:

http://support.powerbi.com

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors