Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

snayff
Regular Visitor

Making Reports and Metrics Searchable and Discoverable

Not sure which forum this would sit best in, so apologies if I am in the wrong place!

I currently have a suite of 15+ reports spread across 5 or so Apps and covering perhaps as many as 50 different pages of metrics and it is beginning to become a challenge to remember where everything is. Ideally I'd like to provide a simple search bar where someone can search for either a metric or type of data and then be directed to the relevant report page. I've had a look around at discoverability but my search has mostly turned up either "how to make PBI data discoverable" or "what is a data catalogue", which isnt quite what I am looking for. I suppose I could create a data catalogue of every metric (or visual?), but that seems like quite the arduous task - and one that would never end! 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @snayff ,

As far as I know, Power BI currently doesn't support us to seach report by a metric or type of data.

There is a Navigation for Power BI business users: global search in Power BI Service.

For reference: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-search-sort

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for coming back to me. I was more wondering if there was something we could build in Power BI, perhaps searching against a list of tags? Or some other Microsoft product we could leverage. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors