Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wecks
Frequent Visitor

Lookups

I have a report that has two tables. One of the tables has a column called PCNAME in the other table there is PC spec. I want to do a lookup on the spec column on table 2 where the PCNAME is the same. Can i do a lookup?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Wecks
Frequent Visitor

No Worries I Found the answer.  If anyone else is after somethign similar please see below. 

LOOKUPVALUE(Result_ColumnName, Search_ColumnName1, Search_Value1)

Here,

• Result_ColumnName = Name of the column which you want to show as an end result. In our case, we want to display the name of the Country from Master table.
  • Search_Column1 = Name of the column from where you want to find your keyword/string. In our case, we want to search the value of State from Master table.
  • Search_Value1 = Name of the column or value which you want to use as LookUpValue search. In our case, we want to search for the state in Employee Information table.

In short, State from the Employee Information table will look into State from Master table and d

View solution in original post

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Wecks,

You may also use Merge Queries (Table.NestedJoin) in Query Editor.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Wecks,

You may also use Merge Queries (Table.NestedJoin) in Query Editor.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am intrigued on how this would work i dont suppose you have a small simple example i could peruse? Many thanks. Andy

@Wecks,

Take a look at link below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-shape-and-combine-data#combine-data

Wecks
Frequent Visitor

No Worries I Found the answer.  If anyone else is after somethign similar please see below. 

LOOKUPVALUE(Result_ColumnName, Search_ColumnName1, Search_Value1)

Here,

• Result_ColumnName = Name of the column which you want to show as an end result. In our case, we want to display the name of the Country from Master table.
  • Search_Column1 = Name of the column from where you want to find your keyword/string. In our case, we want to search the value of State from Master table.
  • Search_Value1 = Name of the column or value which you want to use as LookUpValue search. In our case, we want to search for the state in Employee Information table.

In short, State from the Employee Information table will look into State from Master table and d

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.