Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shanmathee
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

I used ValQ Modern Digital Planning Custom visual in one of my report.Initially it didnt ask for any login .Now i am unable to use that visual.Development was done from Power BI Desktop with no pro license.

Shanmathee_0-1617876275982.png

In Power BI Desktop i am able to view the report .But after publishing to Service it  is not working.I even tried publishing to a pro account,the problem remains the same.

Shanmathee_1-1617877055255.png

Can anyone help me out to solve this issue?

Also,does it require any pricing or license to use this visual?

In case if we need to pay to use this visual,can you suggest me any alternative to this one.

Any reference or links regarding these would be more helpful.Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shanmathee,

This was an issue in our previous Appsource release. Please try to update your report and the issue would be resolved.

Thanks,

ValQ

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Shanmathee ,

ValQ also has a separate community portal https://community.valq.com/ - you can post your questions there to get a faster reply.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shanmathee,

This was an issue in our previous Appsource release. Please try to update your report and the issue would be resolved.

Thanks,

ValQ

Hi Sindhu,

Yes,After updating I am able to view the visual insights. But when I publish to PBI service or Client portal, it still shows a log in error.Could you please help me on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shanmathee,

Apologies, the build which contains fix for above build is released but it takes couple of weeks to get updated on Microsoft Appsource.

We will let you know once its available on Microsoft Appsource.

Post that you can update the report.

Thanks,

Sindhu

dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Shanmathee,

According to their website, ValQ is free to use in Desktop, but you need to pay to use in the Service. It also states this in the AppSource listing. Many commerical visuals use this pricing model.

There is no other visual currently that does everything ValQ can do, so if you wish to use more widely, then purchasing a suitable quantity of licenses would be your only choice here.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Thnaks,I am little confused because the report with ValQ Modern Digital Planning was developed 5 months before and it was embedded in a portal for the customer.It was working fine till April 7.

It is asking for login only now.Is this license available before or it is something that is been newly added by ValQ?

Also whether ValQ Collaborate and ValQ Modern digital planning are same and do they both follow same pricing and license?Could you help me on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors