Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Link to full screen

There is a full screen button in the Power BI service "Enter Full Screen Mode".   Is there a URL stub that I can add to the dashboard URL to force this mode?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@MattAllington

I can only find the "enter full screen mode" in a "published to web" link, regarding this button, it doesn't call any specific link, it just calls some javascript which has the same action like pressing F11. So the page is loaded not in full screen by default. You can submit your idea at Power BI Ideas.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
MWinter225
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@MattAllingtonAdd ?chromeless=true to the end in chrome and it works!

vickyd
Helper V
Helper V

Adding ?chromeless=true at the end of the URL seems to open it up directly in full screen mode. 

I'm trying to see if there is a way to make it show up as fit to width or fit to screen by default. Haven't found a solution to that yet. 

A1m
Frequent Visitor

@vickyd wrote:

Adding ?chromeless=true at the end of the URL seems to open it up directly in full screen mode. 

I'm trying to see if there is a way to make it show up as fit to width or fit to screen by default. Haven't found a solution to that yet. 

I need to fit to width by default. Any update here? Appreciated.

satye
Frequent Visitor

worked perfectly !Thank you very much 😃

It doesn't work if you use filters in the url.

Some ideas?

@rvgfoxI've managed to get this to work by having my filter as usual then using the & to join on chromeless

ReportSection?filter=[YourTable]/[YourField] eq ['YourValue']&chromeless=true

Thanks @mbdtz .

Adding &chromeless=true to the end of the URL works fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any property which is similar to this to open the window on same page. I am using URL in the table which open a new page which is not feasible.

We are using power bi service portal and reports will be published in apps.

Any workaround and solution will be appreciated as this is urgent functionality which is required by client

Thanks in advance

Works if you use:

?chromeless=1&filter=

rather than

?chromeless=1?filter=

Awesome glad I found this helps me out significalty! 

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@MattAllington

I can only find the "enter full screen mode" in a "published to web" link, regarding this button, it doesn't call any specific link, it just calls some javascript which has the same action like pressing F11. So the page is loaded not in full screen by default. You can submit your idea at Power BI Ideas.

I would strongly support this idea, I think it should be the default specially for subscribers. They don;t care about other stuff behind the scene, they just want to get directly into the report - so must be in full screen mode via url.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.