Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

viera00
Helper II
Helper II

Link to Dashboard and how to avoid prompt login (SSO)

Simple question that does not seem to have an easy answer.

I created a dashboard in PowerBI Service.

I want users to click a link in my web app, and navigate to the PowerBI service "without" being prompt to login.

Is this possible ?

What should I need to do ?

My users have already logged in into my app.

Regards,

German Viera
http://slidemodel.com/
4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

I want users to click a link in my web app, and navigate to the PowerBI service "without" being prompt to login.

Is this possible ? 

My users have already logged in into my app.

@viera00

Thanks for the clarification.

The browers IE, FireFox and Chrome all seem to store my AAD login cache after my first logining in Power BI, so next time when I post any report or dashboard link in the url they just lead me to the pages without prompting login window. So I guess, if the users are logged with the same AAD of your Power BI's, it is possible.

I don't have further knowledge on AAD and SSO, however I think your problem is more related to them. This place might be the best place for your question.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@viera00

Adding to @ankitpatira, you can also check Publish from Power BI to the web.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@viera00 What you need is Power BI Embedded solution. Here's the link to documentation to get started.

Hi Anik,

Thank you for your reply but is not what I'm looking for. I do not want to use PowerBI embedded.

My requirement is as follows:

I have a web app, which uses Active Directory for authorization and authentication (onpremise AD). Our on-premise AD y synched with our Azure Active Directory.

Within my web app, I will place a link to a dashboard I created in PowerBI service. I want the users to click that link, and navigate to powerbi. They will use powerbi, not my app. This means I'm not embedding, just navigating to the dashboard.

The requirement of SSO , is that the users is only prompted login in my webap, and not  when clicking in the link of the dashboard that will navigate to the powerbi service.

One comment: I'm using RLS, that is why ir is important for me that the user is logged in.

Question: Can I modify my login module in my web, to do something programatically  and store something in session or cookie  so when navigating to PowerBi.com the user is already logged in ?

German Viera
http://slidemodel.com/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.