Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

datanewbie

Line and Clustered Column Chart Assistance

Hello, I am working on creating a line and clustered column chart for custom service rankings by month and site.

The problem I run into is the columns only allow me to select the "count" of the number of rankings, average, median etc... however, in the data I imported (see example below), I already have the values I want for rankings and score. However, the chart is averaging the rankings and score OR counting the number of distinct values I have. How can I get the chart to display exactly the values I have in the chart I imported?

Is it also possible to add a second line for a target rank?  

SiteMonthScoreRankTarget Rank
A

Jan

BJan856285
CJan1009985
AFeb52185
BFeb758585
CFeb1009985

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @datanewbie ,

Yes, even though it is sum or average, as long as your you put site and month into chart. chart will show the numbers you imported. The common way to get the imported value in power bi is max().

vchenwuzmsft_0-1664523765886.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your help. I was able to get the imported value by using max ( ). However, on the x-value I want the months in chronological order but I noticed for the values where I use the slicer for certain locations if February values are greater than January, it flips the order of the months on the x-axis. How can I overcome this?

datanewbie_0-1664550372344.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.