Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CyberiX
Frequent Visitor

Limit system users to see only their content in PowerBI embedded report

Hello all, I have a question about content filtering.

So, I have users in my system (each User record has uuid, unique email and other non-unique fields like user name etc). I have different content which was created by these users. I'd like to build different reports for them, but they have to see only their records. I saw such thing as RLS, but I don't have roles in my system or I can threat all users as User role. How can I filter content in accordance with their uuids or emails?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,  I have App-own-data.

I solved this question in this way - due to that fact that I have relations between user records and their data I simply apply basic filter from application when report finishes initialization.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CyberiX
Frequent Visitor

I think that also possible solution is connect data table to the table with relations between users and data and filter relations table by user uuid.

Hi @CyberiX,

How did you embed your contents? The App-own-data or User-own-date? The RLS will be applied in different ways for different scenarios. Please refer to developer/embedded-row-level-security  and service-admin-rls.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,  I have App-own-data.

I solved this question in this way - due to that fact that I have relations between user records and their data I simply apply basic filter from application when report finishes initialization.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors