Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TexasBI
Helper II
Helper II

License agreement custom visuals

Hi,

I am embedding power bi into our web application and would like to use some of the custom visuals from the office store. This web app will be for my customers to consume at cost. Is there anything I need to be aware of using the custom visuals from the office store? It is my understanding that once it's in the office store it is free for use and can be used in the manner in which I am trying to use it. Thank you in advance for your help in me searching for this answer.
10 REPLIES 10
tzvikei
Employee
Employee

Each custom visual in the store has a EULA. look at the bottom left part of the visual details page:

2017-11-15_09h57_34.png

Tzvi Keisar
Senior Program Manager @ Microsoft Power BI

That's a good point. A lot of custom visuals we may find are mainly based or highly inspired on d3.js which is free.
So no real problem there. Now my question is, I've also seen some fancy visuals which were built
from a bundle of jQuery libraries including some that aren't free. I sure can pay for a licence
to build for personal use, but does it allow me to put my own brand name on the bundle.
Not 100% sure about that.

@MawashiKid

As far as I know, that depends on the license of particular library.

You can also contact developers of these libraries to find out more about their licenses.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@TexasBI,

As mentioned here, when developers submit visuals to the Office store, they must upload a EULA file and only free visuals are supported. The License Agreement is shown on a custom visual's details page.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-chuncz-msft

So are the custom visuals in the store allowed to be used for commerical use when embedding as long as they stay within the terms and agreement of the visual creator?

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Could you please send a list of custom visuals that you want to use?

Most of custom visuals use MIT as a license but we should check a license of every particular visual in your case.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hey @v-viig

Thank you for your help.

I would like to use

Bullet Chart by OKViz

Tachometer

Smart Filter by OKViz

Dial Guage

Drill-down donut chart

Cylindrical Gauge by MAQ Software

Synoptic Panel by OKViz

Dynamic tooltip by MAQ Software

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you for the list.

We'll check the license and back with answer soon.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

@TexasBI,

Check this blog.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerbi-visuals-is-open-for-contributions/

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
alme
Helper I
Helper I

Hi there,

Sorry - this is not an answer - but a question.

I am interesting in embedding power BI reports for customers and find it a bit difficult. Do you have knowledge of a good step by step guide for this?

I have read this one but i'm still a bit confused 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-integrate-report

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors