Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

l2aFa
Helper I
Helper I

Javascript filter application delay

Hello everyone

Today we have discovered that the reports embedded in our web application (through the Javascript API) are not working as they should be.  The report is embedded and filtered by some values in our web page. If those values doesnt exist in the target table, the report was rendering without showing any data just with the empty visuals.

Now the report renders showing data when it shouldn't like if there was no filter applied. Whenever you interact with it (slicer, going to another page) the data disappears but on the initial rendering is showing values that shouldn't be displaying (like it was cached).

If a try to render the report twice, it works as intended but the first always displays things that it shouldn't.

Any ideas? (All the reports datasource are SSAS Tabular through live connection.)

Thank you very much in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
l2aFa
Helper I
Helper I

Finally solved it adding the following code after the embedding takes part:

report.on('loaded', function () { report.setFilters(filters) });

Seems to work so far 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
l2aFa
Helper I
Helper I

Finally solved it adding the following code after the embedding takes part:

report.on('loaded', function () { report.setFilters(filters) });

Seems to work so far 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.