Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gshapiev
Frequent Visitor

Issue. API call for datasets/upstreamDataflows stopped working for service principal

Up until yesterday (9/15/2022) the below call worked with service principal auth token.

https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/@{activity('Get Group Id').output.value[0].id}/datasets/upstreamDataflows

Now it returned emty result set.
If I get auth token using delegated authentication: Service Principal + User login/password it retuns what is expected. Service principal has all required permissions and worked perfectly fine before with no changes to anything on our side.

Question. Was this preious issue that got fixed or is this new issue?

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gshapiev ,

Are you trying to call REST API Admin - Datasets GetDatasetToDataflowsLinksInGroupAsAdmin? Is the problem persist on? And it seems that there is one ICM ticket about this REST API before, it had been resolved. Not sure if this is what you are saying...

yingyinr_1-1663581770154.png

yingyinr_0-1663581687769.png

If you want to raise the ticket to issue community, you can check the following page...

Issue community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gshapiev
Frequent Visitor

I think I put this topic in wrong place. Can admin move it to Issues?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors