Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gstevens-svs

Is this possible? Minutely updates of IoT data to PBI tiles in a custom web app via Power BI APIs?

Hello,

Is this feasible?

I need to have a custom web app that displays IoT data updated once a minute.  Can I do this through Power BI tiles and Power BI APIs with the tiles residing in an iframe in the web app?

Or do I have to do it the "old way" by using a JavaScript charting package.  PS I cannot use the displays in Power BI service since I need to have a custom web app.  Or is there some way to do that?

A yes or no answer is OK.  Even better would be that plus references to examples and documentation.

Thanks,

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@gstevens-svs wrote:

Hello,

Is this feasible?

I need to have a custom web app that displays IoT data updated once a minute.  Can I do this through Power BI tiles and Power BI APIs with the tiles residing in an iframe in the web app?

Or do I have to do it the "old way" by using a JavaScript charting package.  PS I cannot use the displays in Power BI service since I need to have a custom web app.  Or is there some way to do that?

A yes or no answer is OK.  Even better would be that plus references to examples and documentation.

Thanks,

George

@gstevens-svs

Since the scenario in you case is "IoT data updated once a minute", the Streaming dataset is ideal. However at this moment, the custom streaming data tile is not supported to embed. So you can't achieve your goal through embedding Power BI tiles.

The workaround can be embedding the dashboard where the streaming data tiles reside. See the online tutorial Embedding with Power BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@gstevens-svs wrote:

Hello,

Is this feasible?

Thanks,

George

@gstevens-svs

Since the scenario in you case is "IoT data updated once a minute", the Streaming dataset is ideal. However at this moment, the custom streaming data tile is not supported to embed. So you can't achieve your goal through embedding Power BI tiles.

The workaround can be embedding the dashboard where the streaming data tiles reside. See the online tutorial Embedding with Power BI.

Eric,

Thanks for the good reference links!

George

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.