Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a max number of columns I can pass into the API to have the report filter on?

With basic filters, I read that the maximum number of values you can pass into the report is 500 values.  FIrst off, is this true?  If not, is there a max number of values you can pass into a basic filter?

Additionally. if I want to do advanced filters, is there a maximum number of columns I can pass into the filters?  

Thanks,

Stizz001

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

With basic filters, I read that the maximum number of values you can pass into the report is 500 values.  FIrst off, is this true?  If not, is there a max number of values you can pass into a basic filter?

Additionally. if I want to do advanced filters, is there a maximum number of columns I can pass into the filters?  

Thanks,

Stizz001

@Anonymous

The 500 values are kind of limitation, I've confirmed that with the Javascript API author, see Basic Filter limitation or BUG at github.

As to the advanced filter, usually I use it to do a range filter. I'm not aware of column number limitation, I've not seen any reported limitation as well.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric_Zhang when I first was playing with the API, you could add as many advanced filters as you wanted. However, when I upgraded my verion of the API, Microsoft put something in the code to stop you from doing that, so that answer now, is that with advanced filters, you can only pass 2 values and with Basic the max is 500 values.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks,

Stizz001

@Anonymous

The 500 values are kind of limitation, I've confirmed that with the Javascript API author, see Basic Filter limitation or BUG at github.

As to the advanced filter, usually I use it to do a range filter. I'm not aware of column number limitation, I've not seen any reported limitation as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric_Zhang when I first was playing with the API, you could add as many advanced filters as you wanted. However, when I upgraded my verion of the API, Microsoft put something in the code to stop you from doing that, so that answer now, is that with advanced filters, you can only pass 2 values and with Basic the max is 500 values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.