Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abogdanov
Helper I
Helper I

Is the September patch for PBI desktop glitchy?

After I updated my desktop version from Aug to Sept, I started to experience issues loading mysql datasets into PBI. Often, the process usually gets stuck at the "creating connection in model" step. This week I had to deal with this issue numerous times and after googling the matter thoroughly, I discovered that I wasn't the only one.

At first, I tried unchecking all boxes in options under Type Detecion, Relationships, Background Data, and Parallel loading of tables, but that didn't help. Then I saw a few comments that rolling back from Sep to the Aug version solved the issue for some people and I did just that and the problem went away. 

Can the development team chime in on this?

6 REPLIES 6
abogdanov
Helper I
Helper I

Any thoughts from the MSFT folks?

HI @abogdanov,

Did this issue only appear on the specific device? Did these connections work well if you test without power bi client? (I also check the known issue list but did not find something related to MySQL)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abogdanov,

What version of MySQL are you working on? Have you tested with other versions of MySQL? What version of power bi desktop appeared this issue? I'd like to suggest you share more detailed information to confirm if any data driver update during the version upgrades.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

The issue arose as soon as I installed the September update of PBI desktop. Our current version of MySQL is mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.29, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

I tried the October update and that did not help at all. The little pop-up window continues to spin at "creating connection in model" endlessly

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Update to the October version, it seems to work a bit better.

The October patch didn't fix it for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.