Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

devsyw
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to use 1 PowerApp as a model, and embed it across multiple powerBI reports?

Hi PowerBI developers,

I'm working on a project which requires the embedded powerapps in powerBI to write back the data to SharePoint.

The Powerapp works fine in one report, but now we're wondering whether it's possible to use the same powerapp as a model across multiple reports. (ex. I developed A App, embed it now in A report, then make a copy of A App- A1 App, embed A1 App in A1 report)

Now , the question is how to make the data fields passed from PowerBIIntegration 'Dynamic'?

For example, A report has 3 data fields: Report Name, Currency, and Language.

I can retrieve the data by setting the gallery source to PowerBIIntegration.data, then set text1 to  ThisItem.ReportName, text2 to ThisItem.Currency, text3 to ThisItem.Language in the gallery.

But A1 report has 4 data fields: Report Name, Transportation Tool, Post Code,  and City.

Instead of hard coding the fields each time according to the fields name from BI table, 

are there possibilities to make the fields name 'dynamic' from BI or from powerapps side?

So each time when we embed the app model, we do not need to modify anything from the app?

Any suggestions or experiences are very welcome and appreciated!

regards,

PA user

2 REPLIES 2
LauraMay
Frequent Visitor

Hi @devsyw 

Your description sounds very similar to something I'd like to achieve. Did you manage to get this working? If so, would be great to hear how.

thanks

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @devsyw ,

Please review the content in the following links and hope they can help you.

PowerApps Power BI Integration Dynamic Filtering

PowerBI Integration Query - Accessing passed values

PowerApps & Power BI: PowerBIDataIntegration.Data Value in New Form

Filtering data in PowerApps based on Power BI

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors