Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to Host Power BI on Premisis

Is it possible to host Power BI on Premisis. If so what tools are required?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Check this blog Power BI & SSRS 2016 in an On-Premises Environment. Since SSRS 2016, it is able to interate Power BI. For further questionS, you can go to the the SSRS forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric_Zhang,  Thanks for the link, being new to Power BI I am wondering if you would clarify my knowledge about Power BI + SSRS Technical Preview.

Does this mean that:

I am able to Host Power BI on an Azure VM

I am able to publish reports that are actually ON PREM in the Azure VM?

End user is able to access a report that is on-prem (azure VM) by providing end user the report link?

Thanks,

bdiouf

@Anonymous wrote:

@Eric_Zhang,  Thanks for the link, being new to Power BI I am wondering if you would clarify my knowledge about Power BI + SSRS Technical Preview.

Does this mean that:

I am able to Host Power BI on an Azure VM

I am able to publish reports that are actually ON PREM in the Azure VM?

End user is able to access a report that is on-prem (azure VM) by providing end user the report link?

Thanks,

bdiouf

@Anonymous

I think the link refers to on-prem SSRS on an Azure VM. My understanding is that, the new SSRS engine seems having Power BI integrated and you can view the report via a link as SSRS usually does.

By the way, you can also check Power BI embedded as @Mi2n suggested. Though it is not on-prem but on Azure, you can view the reports via an embedded url in a html IFrame. Check a demo here.

Hi,

Have a look at Power BI embedded! I think it might help you in your cause.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/power-bi-embedded/power-bi-embedded-get-started-sample

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors