Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tjkm_user

Is ArcGIS suppored with PowerBI embedded?

Background:

Developing a custom website that will host report using PowerBI embedded. Users will login using custom login page and will NOT need PowerBI/ArcGIS login. (App handles auth with PowerBI embedded)

Question:

Does PowerBI embedded support this usecase?

Is this considered 'app owns data' scenario?

Looks like it's not supported per below

Relavent Info:

From official docs,

Power BI Embedded supports ArcGIS for Power BI in the Power BI embedded analytics playground ("user owns data"); it isn't supported in the "app owns data" embed for your customers scenario.

ArcGIS for Power BI is available in the following services and applications:

Power BI Embedded - Yes, for designers signed in to a valid ArcGIS account with the appropriate add-on license. Consumers do not need the add-on license to view published content.

Power BI service embedding (powerbi.com) - No

Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tjkm_user ,

Developing a custom website that will host report using PowerBI embedded. Users will login using custom login page and will NOT need PowerBI/ArcGIS login. (App handles auth with PowerBI embedded)

According to your statement, I know that you want your user don't need to login in Power BI or ArcGIS in Power BI Embedded.

As far as I know, there are two kinds of embedding, app owns data(embed for your customer) and user owns data(embed for your organization).

App owns data should meet your requirement. You will need to select authentication method master user or service prinical. Then follow the steps as this blog to embed. Your users will not need to sign in , due to they will authenticate by embed token which is generated by your access token from master user or service prinical. 

For reference: Embedded analytics application tokens

I checked the offical blog, as you mentioned above ArcGIS is not supported in app owns data currently.

RicoZhou_0-1653904416024.png

Though ArcGIS is supported in user owns data, but your customer should in your organization and they need to login their account every time they want to see the embedding report.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tjkm_user ,

According to your statement, I know that you want your user don't need to login in Power BI or ArcGIS in Power BI Embedded.

As far as I know, there are two kinds of embedding, app owns data(embed for your customer) and user owns data(embed for your organization).

App owns data should meet your requirement. You will need to select authentication method master user or service prinical. Then follow the steps as this blog to embed. Your users will not need to sign in , due to they will authenticate by embed token which is generated by your access token from master user or service prinical. 

For reference: Embedded analytics application tokens

I checked the offical blog, as you mentioned above ArcGIS is not supported in app owns data currently.

RicoZhou_0-1653904416024.png

Though ArcGIS is supported in user owns data, but your customer should in your organization and they need to login their account every time they want to see the embedding report.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.