Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pstauduhar
Regular Visitor

Invisible Filter Pane visible in Power BI Embedded

Hi All,

I am having an issue with  Power BI Embedded Report and the Filter Pane. In the past I remember (memory can be funny though) that the Filter pane, when marked invisible on the desktop file, would be invisible in the embedded reports even when filterPaneEnabled: true was set in the JS.

However, now i cannot get the filter pane to disappear regardless of the way the PBI file is set up.

I have the Over all Filter Pane marked Invisible in the Power BI Desktop File

image.png

When I publish the Premium Capacity Workspace and view the Report in the Power BI Service ,the Filter Pane is indeed Invisible

However, when i view the Embedded report in our company website the Filter pane is visible. The individual page/report/visual level filters that i have marked as invisible are thankfully invisible as well, but the overall Filter pane is still visible

I have also tried this with the new Filter experience by Disabling the Filter pane in the Power BI Desktop file with the same results.

image.png

The JS for the embedded code does have the filterPaneEnabled:true marked since we need the workspace to show the filter pane on some of our embedded reports. Does that override in general for the whole workspace? Or is this a new/known issue.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.