Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Intermittent rendering issues on Firefox

Hi All,

Anyone else having odd issues with rendering on Firefox today? (17th Oct 2019)
My embedded solution works on Chrome & Edge - but has started failing on Firefox 99% of the time.

No idea what is going wrong, code hasn't changed - used to work on Firefox - and still works on all other browsers.
I have attempted to switch workspaces / shared & dedicated capacities - different auth user accounts - nothing makes a difference.

Would be good to know if I am not the only one experiencing this.
Thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Update on this....

Our customers have now started complaining about this, so it would appear that its not just me who is having issues.

Issue is still intermittent - works very randomly - so the code is not broken.

Would appreciate any help on this one (or a wider aknowledgement of the issue).

Thnaks,

Matt

Think I have found something...

The Power BI Embedded Playground works without issue on Firefox - https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html 

My application is using the 'Phased Embedding' technique, and the embedded playground is not.
So my guess is that my problem relates to this part of the API https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript/wiki/Phased-Embedding-API 

Update from Microsoft Support....

A fix is in the works and scheduled for release early November (subject to change).
I will update this thread with details for anyone else who may be experiencing the same problem.

@MattCalderwood ,

What kind of issues are you experiencing? I'm having some problems and I'm wondering if it's the same as yours. I display a report using phased embedding that I'm pretty sure was working before, but now I see X on each visuals. And somewere else in my application I display reports using phased embedding (but not the exact same flow) and sometimes the OnLoaded of the report never gets called.

Do you know if the fix that Microsoft told you about has been deployed? Are you still experiencing problems?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.