cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Alexei Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Interactions with Database - how to?

I'm developing Power BI dashboard which shows some anomalies in database to the user. He then should decide what to do:  correct data with new value (manual input), or flag it for future offline analysis (manual selection of flag) - so I need in SQL INSERT statement run on Azure database. As far as I understood so far, Power BI doesn't provide any functionality for writing data into database? So there are no options to interact somehow? If I use URL in a table structure, I still can't enter required values manually and can't forward these values to database. Even if I add standard HTML visual, it doesn't allow processing of link clicks or button pressing.

What would be suggestions from experts?

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Interactions with Database - how to?

Hi @Alexei,

As Power BI is a Business Intelligence tool for users to fetch and analyze underlying data, there is no build-in options to edit or insert data records in database. However, here is a similar thread in which some workarounds are mentioned. Could you go to check if it help in your scenario? Smiley Happy

Regards

Alexei Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Interactions with Database - how to?

Thank you to pointing to the thread.

However, I already noticed that MS announced PowerApps tool: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerbi-powerapps-visual/ what is intended to do exactly what's required. No any documentation so far, and any clue how to tune it, but anyway it looks like it exists.