Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sanket_360

Integrating Power BI report designer UI in web application

Hi,

I am new to power BI embedded, understood that, Power BI Embedded enables to integrate Power BI reports into your web application. However, is there any way to integrate power bi visualizations capabilities of building report into our web application using REST APIs? This way user can build their own report.

At present, we can provide users only filter criteria but there is not facility of visualizations into embedded report. Is there way to provide such facility using REST APIs?

Regards

Sanket

2 REPLIES 2
rahulpandit

Hi, I am also looking for intregrating power bi report builder or the visualizations capabilities of building report into our web application. Is this possible in power bi?

jasonhendee
Regular Visitor

Wanted to bump this thread. Also new to Power BI, and looking to do the same as Sanket. It appears that we can only embed existing reports that have been pre-built using Desktop, but I would like my end users to be able to start with a blank slate, pick and choose the fields they'd like to use in their reports, choose the visualization to be used, and then save the report for re-use / share with others. Maybe even use an existing report as a starting point to build a new report on-the-fly.

Another "standard" feature that seems to be missing is the ability to switch between visualization types once a report has been built. Does this functionality exist?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.