Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PoojaPrajapati
Frequent Visitor

Inputs needed on Authentication method of BC APIs in Power BI

Hi Everyone,

As per Microsoft BC upgrade, basic authentication method of APIs is being switch to Auth2.0 method. And i have built some of the power BI reports using connector Business central(on-line) to get the data from Business central where i use to enter organisational id & password to connect and few reports were built using odata url & edit credentials. And on web Service, i have configured credentials using OAuth2 method to resfresh the data.

So i want to know, whether change in the authentication method in BC APIs i.e. Auth2.0 will have impact on the usage of Business Central connector or on odata URL or on both in my existing reports?  
or

Only reports with Odata url will be impacted & for that should i change the connection to web, passing client id & secret value &  generate token access & then based on that get data & login as anonymous user. Similarly then on service, configure source as anonymous user.

Please provide your input so that i can make changes in my report accordingly.

Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @PoojaPrajapati,

AFAIK, if this type of data source include an official data connector on power bi desktop side. These changes will also be submit ot the api which integrated into the data connectors and udpated when power bi desktop version changes. (they may not submit immediately to the next power bi desktop release)

You can take a look at the feautre summary or tyr ot contact ot power bi team to confirm these.You can take a look at the power bi desktop new feature summary or try to contact or power bi dev team to confirm these.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Xiaoxin.

I reviewed feature summary but couldn't find anything related to this. Can you please suggest how can i connect to power BI dev team?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.