cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbroida Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Imports.Postimportingroup() in .NET SDK returns 400 Bad Request

Using the .NET SDK, I want to programmatically import a dataset, which is defined in a .PBIX file stored in OneDrive for Business, into an app workspace. The method PowerBIClient.Imports.PostImportInGroupAsync() is supposed to accomplish this. However, I get inscrutable 400 Bad Request errors whenever I call it.

Microsoft doesn't seem to have any online documentation of this .NET SDK method. (There doesn't seem to be complete reference documentation to the .NET SDK, period.) There is documentation for the underlying REST API here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/imports/postimportingroup#importconflicthandlermo...

What I don't see is any explanation of what the "ImportInfo" (sent as message body in the REST API) should contain. It has three properties, all strings: FilePath, FileUrl, and ConnectionType. I believe ConnectionType is supposed to be set to "import", but I don't know what the proper for is for FilePath or FileUrl, and I have found no examples.

Could someone please explain, preferably with an example, how to call this SDK method successrfully?

Code in C# is essentially this:

4 REPLIES 4
jbrandt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Imports.Postimportingroup() in .NET SDK returns 400 Bad Request

Looking for this info as well, did you ever find any examples?
Dan2 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Would like an answer to this as well

I have the same problem with this api.

I try to call the api from Sdk V2 "PostImportWithFileAsyncInGroup" and also create a post to this url "https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/{groupID}/imports?datasetDisplayName={name}": the response is always BadRequest.

How can I fix?

Thanks

atsats Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm also getting the Bad Request response - pretty amazing that more than a year after the question was first asked the question is still unanswered and the documentation is still woefully inadequate. 

What a waste of time for developers to reverse-engineer APIs that should've been documented in teh first place.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 134 members 1,732 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: