Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a cumulative total not givinng proper result with year slicer

I have a DAX to calculate cumulative total.  it is giving correct result if there are no filters or slicers applied. I have year slicer, when I click on that, 2019 year gives me correct result for every month but when I click 2018, it is giving me same result for every month. I have only data from September to December for 2018. 

2019 result:2019 data2019 data

2018 Data2018 Data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found solution for this. First of all I should be using Dates instead of months in the dat for x- axis. Also, to improve performance, it is better to create a Standard 'Date' lookup table. This helped to improve performace significanly. 

2018 cumulative count by Date2018 cumulative count by Date

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found solution for this. First of all I should be using Dates instead of months in the dat for x- axis. Also, to improve performance, it is better to create a Standard 'Date' lookup table. This helped to improve performace significanly. 

2018 cumulative count by Date2018 cumulative count by Date

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.