Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JMACND
Regular Visitor

HubSpot API Ingestion into PowerBI

I have a user who is using a CDATA ODBC HubSpot connector to ingest certain data into PowerBI. As some of you are aware, this presents a challenge to them when they go on vacation or are away from their PC and data refreshes fail... thus other users of the report not receiving updated data. I have explored the HubSpot (BETA) connector out on GitHub, but that will not run through the two PowerBI Gateways even thought I have added this connector to be used through each of those gateways. So, I am thinking about two options but would like insight into any other possible angles, or perhaps a best angle to approach this. Here's what I'm thinking:

Screenshot 2021-01-06 102233.png

1. Use the Web option to pull in specific data via the HubSpot API site. This is undesirable because it will cause me to have to do a lot of leg work to pull in the right data via API commands, but this may be an option.

2. Move the ODBC Connector to one of the BI gateway servers since they are persistent and publish the report from there. This isn't as intuitive and relies on more failure points, but is something I am tossing around as an idea.

3. Discover how to make the HubSpot connector from GitHub work with our existing BI Gateways

3. Any other possible options that any of you may have!

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
BobMarf
Regular Visitor

Skyvia provides two methods for integrating Power BI with HubSpot. One involves syncing HubSpot data to a data warehouse that's connected to Power BI, and the other involves creating an OData feed from HubSpot data for direct consumption by Power BI. These options facilitate seamless data import and analytics.

hubspot-powerbi.png

BayardBradford
Frequent Visitor

A HubSpot Certified App is available in the HubSpot App Marketplace for connecting HubSpot to Power BI.  There is a free trial.

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/analytics-data/powerbi

Here is a map of data flow from HubSpot to Power BI that the integration provides:

HubSpot Data           Data Flow      Power BI

Companies-->Companies
Contacts-->Contacts
Deals-->Deals
Engagements-->Engagements
Email Events-->Email Events
Tickets-->Tickets
Owners-->Owners
Products-->Products
Forms-->Forms
Companies-->Company Properties
Contacts-->Contact Properties
Associations-->CRM Associations
Deal Pipelines-->Deal Pipelines
Deals-->Deal Properties
CampaignEmailEvents-->Marketing Email
Custom Objects-->CRM Associations
Quotes-->CRM Associations
Contact Lists-->Contact Lists
Website Pages-->Analytics
Workflows-->Workflows

Here is a link to the documentation: https://support.datawarehouse.io/hc/en-us/articles/360006051874-Power-Bi-Connector-Manual

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JMACND ,

"3. Discover how to make the HubSpot connector from GitHub work with our existing BI Gateways"

I checked the code of this custom connector and found that the function used with the gateway has been implemented in the code. It may be a problem with your gateway configuration.

powerbi-custom-connectors/HubSpot/code/HubSpot.pq 

v-lionel-msft_0-1610357306424.png

Try to refer to the Link.

Considerations and limitations 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Test connection doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in this being a reliable long-term solution... unless others disagree :).

I would disagree.  Test Connection is a critical part of gateway maintenance. It should never be disabled/skipped.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Can you confirm that you have created the 64-bit ODBC connection for Hubspot on all your gateway cluster members and that the connection test worked?

When you say ODBC Connection, you mean using the CDATA ODBC Driver for HubSpot? Or, just a generic ODBC Connection?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.