Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use multi fields in value in Dashboard

Hello,

I am new to PowerBI, How to use multi fields in value in Dashboard? Please suggest and that would be very helpful.

Many thanks.

David

14 REPLIES 14
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

No, but there are custom visuals of that type that allow more than one value field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ibendlin and what do you mean custom visuals, is that in the regular visualizations showing in power BI, how to use and create custom visuals?

Click the ellipsis (...) In the visuals area, add visual, from market.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ibendlin and I get "sunburst" from the market and still no multi fields in value", do you know which custom visual allow multi fields in value?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thnaks Ibendlin. In dashboard, I can define legend, details, values, in values, can I include multiple fields? I tried, it seems like only one field is allowed.

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you can only use multiple value fields if you do not add a field to the 'detail' of the pie chart, or it will prevent you to add more columns to the 'value fields' of the pie chart. (it only allow you to use one value field when you add fields to detail fields)

Notice: this same as other charts in power, the legend/detail field is conflicted with multiple values. 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Xiaoxin, I tried some fields works, some fields not. for example, for some 2 fields, after I add 2 fields into the value, it is showing two fields in the value, but in the final pie chart, it only show the last field I add, not sure why, any idea?

David

Hi @Anonymous,

In fact, it will show the values on your pie chart with the split line.

If these two field value amount has obviously difference(e.g. first 10000, second 5), it is hard to find out the second one due to data label unit.

95.gif

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Xiaoxin, yes I tried it is. if two field value is obviously different, is there any way I can show it clearly, if the small one is hard to find it, it is difficult to show case. Somehow I want to show something like, for year 2018/2019/2020, there are mutiple value fileds such as different product sell, such as apple, orange, tomato, computer, car,  so the field value could be quite different.

David

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, the pie chart unit issue should be a trouble when you use the fields with big unit diffs. (It is hard to take the balance of visible and accurate rate of pie chart at the same time)

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you use some trick to show the percent more clearly.

For example:

Create a report tooltip page, which includes a pie chart design by subcategory of the current pie chart. (e.g. my char is design by year and value, the tooltip page pie chart design by month and value)
Then it will display the sub-category pie chart clear than the current one when your mouse hovers on the data bars. (main pie chart show the aggregate result, tooltip page show the detailed percent of current data bar group)

Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop 

Hope the above can bring you some thought to handle this scenario.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

It's not a dashboard, it's a report visual. Depending on the visual type you can add one or multiple fields into the values well. Which visual type are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using Pi chart, is multiple fields possible in the value?

Thanks

David

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI Dashboards don't have fields (and not much interaction).  What are you trying to achieve?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ibendlin and I have clarified my question in the post.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.