Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to update Azure AD credentials

I have reports configured with Azure Active Directory accounts. When using Power BI desktop, this works fine by selecting the data source and authenticating using option for a Microsoft Account. However, the password of one of those accounts changed, and I am not able to update these, either throug app.powerbi.com or through the REST API. The options on app.powerbi.com are Windows, Basic and OAuth2. These all do not work with the credentials that do work at Power BI desktop.

When I look at the API, the options for authentication are

Basic|Windows|Anonymous|OAuth|Key

(from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/gateways/updatedatasource)

And all these do not work either. When I use Basic, I get the following error:

{
"code": "DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage",
         "detail": {
            "type": 1,
            "value": "Cannot open server \"ireckonu.com\" requested by the login.  The login failed."
}
}

Does anybody know any way to easily update the credentials without having to open each report manually on Power BI desktop and then republish the report? 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.