Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

soldier_rong
Helper II
Helper II

How to set up permission control(RSL) when different BUs have the same department

Dear All,

Have you encountered the following scenario? I have access control table as the below:

user nameCompanyBURemark
soldierAMC;ITGZ;HZ;CDThe guy can see the data of GZ under the AMC & HZ, CD under the IT(company AMC and IT both contains GZ BU...)

After conversion   
user nameCompanyBU 
hualong.liuAMCGZ 
hualong.liuAMCHZunexpected
hualong.liuAMCCDunexpected
hualong.liuITGZunexpected
hualong.liuITHZ 
hualong.liuITCD 

Expectation, actually I can make the access form like that directly
user nameCompanyBU 
hualong.liuAMCGZ 
hualong.liuITHZ 
hualong.liuITCD 

So, how to set up permission control(RSL) when different BUs have the same department - BU?

Meanwhile, if the guy need to access all BU, how you set it? put * in BU column? Thanks for any suggestions

Best Regards,

Soldier

4 REPLIES 4
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @soldier_rong ,

Did you mean RLS?

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

Hi @v-chenwuz-msft ,

I believe you are Chinese? If so, could we have a short call for this case even though I already came up the solution. Thanks in advance. xiexie.

BR,

Soldier

Hi @v-chenwuz-msft ,

Thanks for your reply. However, the slution as your mentioned, which can't covert this situation as we have the below scenario.

soldierAMC;ITGZ;HZ;CDThe guy can see the data of GZ under the AMC & HZ, CD under the IT(company AMC and IT both contains GZ BU...) split by ";" and change to row.

Based on it, we dont want to let the guy to see the HZ data under AMC. Because the above access setting will show 6 records.... 

soldier_rong
Helper II
Helper II

The first user name should similar with the below "hualong.liu". please ignore my mistake. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors