Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to set Time frame on a bar chart

I have a powerbi bar chart, that shows months from 2018-2020. months are aligned but not the year, please look at the image below. I want to make the chart show charts of one year ago, say from September 2018 -  current date (August 2019) anytime a refresh is done, and also I want to make the year 2018 come first in the chart. Is this possible ?  Thanks 

capture.png

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

This should be posible by ensuring the sort by column in your model is set up correctly for your category field. If you're having rouble with this, might it be possible for you to share your workbook or some more details about the steps you have taken already to make this work? That way we can hopefully solve this for you.

Thanks,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dm-p The requirement is to sort by time frame, I want to always make only 12 months( 12 months Ago today) show in the bar chart, rather than the whole bars of years and months. Basic sorting would not solve that problem. I have managed to use basic sorting to sort the month order. But I am trying to make a time frame sort. I hope you understand now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.