Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to select the csv file by embed link from Power BI service

In the Azure Blob Storage, AI engine has generated multiple csv file (Like - 001.csv, 002.csv, 003.csv  .....).  File format of the csv is same.

Is there any way to select the csv file by embed link from Power BI service so that it can generate the visualization from power BI according to csv file?

Please give me a suggestion how to solve it?

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not sure what you are asking for. You can use Power Query to combine the CSV files.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suppose, A web application where multiple customers will operate this. Here, I want to embed the link to generate the visualization from power BI. Data source files depend on customers but visualization will be the same. Data source file storage in Azure Blob Storage (Like - 001.csv, 002.csv, 003.csv ....).

For the first time. it's okay to use Power Query to combine the CSV files. But every time data is added in Azure Blob Storage. So, I want to skip the process to combine the CSV files every time. Is there any way it will automatically add(CSV files ) into power query and make visualization according to data of the CSV file. Then it will generate a new embed link.

Yes, you can point Power Query to a folder full of CSV files and combine them into a data source without needing to know the csv file names.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your help.

After pointing to a folder, I am facing a problem with visualization. Suppose, In Azure Blob Storage has eight CSV files. Then it will create eight visualizations. When Storage adding another two CSV files, then it will also create another two visualizations. Actually, I want the process automatically.

Note - Visualization will be the same.

I misunderstood you. I thought you want to combine the csv files.  You seem to want to produce separate reports for each csv file.  That will involve the REST API and Power BI service parameters, way beyond my level of knowledge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

Since I am a new in Power BI, Would you suggest any links or documents for learning about this problem?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.