Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lawrenceabith
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to remove blue outline from embedded report?

Hi Everyone!

How to solve this? I need to wipe out this blue box when we click on the report in Power BI Embedded in my app. Help? Would anyone know any way, at least to get around the problem?

Many thanks!

Lawrence

Blue box problem in Power BI Embedded.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lawrenceabith 

I can confirm that changing this behaviour is currently not possible.
The style for the highlight is within the Embedding CSS and cannot be changed from the host application or by some CSS hack.

I had raised this question before and was given a response that this highlighting was important for user accessibility.
After seeing this question get raised again by yourself and others, I decided to create a new Power BI Idea that would allow setting the color as part of the embedding process.

This way, the color could be changed to fit in with the host application whilst not affecting accessibility concerns.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=7837fc9b-8dd8-ea11-bf21-0003ff52cdee

There are obviously no guarantees that it will get picked up, but we can try, right?
Cheers, Matt

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@lawrenceabith  - That seems like something you should be able to control via CSS

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler,

I tried to change it via CSS, but I can't save it because the css file where this property is is inside the power bi portal at Microsoft.

This is the css file where has this property:

https://content.powerapps.com/resource/powerbiwfe/styles/reportembed.bundle.min.159ceb997ca3d66a9a9f...

Look this post at @alexbjorlig. He has explain the same problem. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/How-to-remove-blue-outline-from-embedded-report/td-p/1040...

Many thanks!!!

@Anonymous - Any thoughts?

Seems like you could target the element with your own CSS with the important! or override setting, I'm a little rusty with my CSS.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

We already tried, but we were unable to subscribe the CSS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The blue is there because that item is selected (At least that is how it is for me in the sandbox).  If you click the blue again, it should go away.  That being said, the gray background of that background container will remain

lorisites_0-1596470362930.png

Yes but I need to remove this behavior, because inside my app looks like a formatting error.

Hi @lawrenceabith 

I can confirm that changing this behaviour is currently not possible.
The style for the highlight is within the Embedding CSS and cannot be changed from the host application or by some CSS hack.

I had raised this question before and was given a response that this highlighting was important for user accessibility.
After seeing this question get raised again by yourself and others, I decided to create a new Power BI Idea that would allow setting the color as part of the embedding process.

This way, the color could be changed to fit in with the host application whilst not affecting accessibility concerns.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=7837fc9b-8dd8-ea11-bf21-0003ff52cdee

There are obviously no guarantees that it will get picked up, but we can try, right?
Cheers, Matt

Many thanks @MattCalderwood! Let´s wait.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors