cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

How to remove blue outline from embedded report?

Hi Everyone!

How to solve this? I need to wipe out this blue box when we click on the report in Power BI Embedded in my app. Help? Would anyone know any way, at least to get around the problem?

Many thanks!

Lawrence

Blue box problem in Power BI Embedded.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: How to remove blue outline from embedded report?

Hi @lawrenceabith 

I can confirm that changing this behaviour is currently not possible.
The style for the highlight is within the Embedding CSS and cannot be changed from the host application or by some CSS hack.

I had raised this question before and was given a response that this highlighting was important for user accessibility.
After seeing this question get raised again by yourself and others, I decided to create a new Power BI Idea that would allow setting the color as part of the embedding process.

This way, the color could be changed to fit in with the host application whilst not affecting accessibility concerns.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=7837fc9b-8dd8-ea11-bf21-0003ff52cdee

There are obviously no guarantees that it will get picked up, but we can try, right?
Cheers, Matt

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

@lawrenceabith  - That seems like something you should be able to control via CSS

---------------------------------------

Not link spamming! If I posted a link in reply it is because I did assume you know how to search the web but thought it was the fastest way to fix your issue.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Greg_Deckler,

I tried to change it via CSS, but I can't save it because the css file where this property is is inside the power bi portal at Microsoft.

This is the css file where has this property:

https://content.powerapps.com/resource/powerbiwfe/styles/reportembed.bundle.min.159ceb997ca3d66a9a9f...

Look this post at @alexbjorlig. He has explain the same problem. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/How-to-remove-blue-outline-from-embedded-report/td-p/1040...

Many thanks!!!

Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

@lorisites - Any thoughts?

Seems like you could target the element with your own CSS with the important! or override setting, I'm a little rusty with my CSS.

---------------------------------------

Not link spamming! If I posted a link in reply it is because I did assume you know how to search the web but thought it was the fastest way to fix your issue.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

We already tried, but we were unable to subscribe the CSS.

Highlighted

The blue is there because that item is selected (At least that is how it is for me in the sandbox).  If you click the blue again, it should go away.  That being said, the gray background of that background container will remain

lorisites_0-1596470362930.png

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Yes but I need to remove this behavior, because inside my app looks like a formatting error.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @lawrenceabith 

I can confirm that changing this behaviour is currently not possible.
The style for the highlight is within the Embedding CSS and cannot be changed from the host application or by some CSS hack.

I had raised this question before and was given a response that this highlighting was important for user accessibility.
After seeing this question get raised again by yourself and others, I decided to create a new Power BI Idea that would allow setting the color as part of the embedding process.

This way, the color could be changed to fit in with the host application whilst not affecting accessibility concerns.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=7837fc9b-8dd8-ea11-bf21-0003ff52cdee

There are obviously no guarantees that it will get picked up, but we can try, right?
Cheers, Matt

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Many thanks @MattCalderwood! Let´s wait.

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors